Patriot Disposal Services
Yard waste pickup scheduled for Wednesday, August 3, is postponed to Saturday, August 6.
Separate pickup of Yard Waste resumed on Wednesday, April 20.
Notice from Fairfax County regarding glass recycling.
Locations for Glass Recycling in Fairfax County
Trash Pickup Schedule: Tuesday and Friday. This is household waste only.
Recycling Pickup Schedule: Wednesday
Notification from Patriot Disposal regarding recycling
Yard Debris Pickup Schedule - Seasonal: Due to a temporary change with Fairfax County trash regulations yard waste will be picked up on the regular trash days. This will end the week of April 18, 2022.
Please note that Patriot Disposal will not pick up any yard waste in plastic bags. Plastic bags are prohibited by Fairfax County which will fine the company - which will pass it along to the community for any plastic found in yard waste. Yard waste must be disposed of in paper bags or in yard waste containers that have "Yard Waste" clearly visible on the container.
Trash / Recycling / Yard Waste disposal must follow these standards:
- Household Trash must be put out in the standard plastic trash tote that has a lid.
- Recycling must be put in the standard recycling receptacle, or tote that has a lid. - Recycling Flyer from Patriot Disposal
- Yard waste should be in paper yard waste bags (not plastic) or in a standard plastic trash tote with a lid that has been marked as yard waste. Branches, or sticks, that will not fit in paper bags or an appropriately marked trash tote should be bundled with string, but may not exceed 4 feet in length.
- It is never permissible to put out trash, or recycling, in plastic bags.
- Special pickup items (large furniture, appliances, electronics, grills, construction debris, etc.) should be placed in front of your property and you must contact Patriot Disposal for a special pickup. The Special pickup day is Tuesday so these items should be put out on Monday evenings after you have made arrangements with Patriot. There is a charge for this service. Patriot Disposal can give you an estimate of the cost when you contact them. If a special pickup has not been arranged for these items, they will not be picked up.
- Trash / Recycling / Yard Waste / Special Pickups may be put out after 6:00 PM on the day before pickup. Please return your bins to their out-of-sight storage areas as soon as possible after pickup.
- For renovation, or construction debris, please contact Patriot for an estimate.
- It is a good idea to mark your trash and recycling receptacles with your address to avoid any confusion.
- Need trash, recycling, or yard waste containers? Contact Patriot at the number above.
Fairfax County Recycling Program FAQ, click here
Fairfax County Trash Collection and Recycling Information
Need Recycling, or Trash Bins?
Call Patriot at the number above.
Single Family Homes receive a 96 gallon trash and a 64 gallon recycling bin free, though there may be a nominal charge for any replacements.
Townhomes receive a 64 gallon recycling bin free, though there may be a nominal charge for any replacement. If a townhome owner wants the 96 gallon rolling bins like those used by the single family homes, she can contact Patriot for them. There is a one-time charge of $45.00 for each bin.
Patriot will also supply an additional rolling bin if homeowners would like to have a dedicated rolling bin for yard debris. Again this would incurr a one-time charge of $45.00. (This bin would need to be marked for yard debris usage.)
If you contact Patriot for disposal bins, make sure you mention that you are covered by the Compton Village contract.