Patriot Disposal Services
Trash / Recycling / Yard Waste disposal must follow these standards:
- Household Trash must be put out in the standard plastic trash tote that has a lid.
- Recycling must be put in the standard recycling receptacle, or tote that has a lid.
- Yard waste should be in paper yard waste bags (not plastic) or in a standard plastic trash tote with a lid that has been marked as yard waste. Branches, or sticks, that will not fit in paper bags or an appropriately marked trash tote should be bundled with string, but may not exceed 4 feet in length.
- It is never permissible to put out trash, or recycling, in plastic bags.
- Special pickup items (large furniture, appliances, electronics, grills, etc.) should be placed in front of your property and you must contact Patriot Disposal for a special pickup. The Special pickup day is Tuesday so these items should be put out on Monday evenings after you have made arrangements with Patriot.
- Trash / Recycling / Yard Waste / Special Pickups may be put out after 6:00 PM on the day before pickup. Please return your bins to their out-of-sight storage areas as soon as possible after pickup.
- For renovation, or construction debris, please contact Patriot for an estimate.
- It is a good idea to mark your trash and recycling receptacles with your address to avoid any confusion.
- Need trash, recycling, or yard waste containers? Contact Patriot at the number above.
Trash Pickup Schedule: Tuesday and Friday. This is household waste only.
Recycling Pickup Schedule: Tuesday
Yard Debris Pickup Schedule: Wednesday - From March-December 20th 2017. During February and March, any yard debris will be collected on the regular trash pickup days (Tuesday and Friday).
Fairfax County Recycling Program FAQ, click here
Fairfax County Trash Collection and Recycling Information